The Modbus TCP/IP interface enables the standardised data exchange of a PLC with the robot controller.
The interface is an extension for the Integrated Control, it is available as a Modbus TCP/IP server. Clients, for example a PLC, can connect and then, among other things:
- Query the status of the robot
- Query variables and digital inputs
- Set a target position for immediate approach
- Describe position and number variables for use in robot programs
- Trigger actions such as "Start programme
Basic program blocks are available for the Siemens S7-1200/1500 series. The interface is not available on the Windows software CPRogs or iRC, but on the Integrated Control of the robot.